Frequently Asked Mark Questions
- Can I meet Mark?
As you can imagine, Mark has a very busy schedule. Although he would love to meet with everyone individually, that is just not possible. We hope you understand.
- Is Mark coming to my town?
All of Mark’s confirmed dates are posted over here. If you haven’t already, you may also want to sign up to the mailing list as most dates and all MarkKnopfler.com presale information will be announced through the newsletter. If you have heard about a date that does not appear on the site, please email us at help@MarkKnopfler.com to see if that date is confirmed.
- Can I send Mark a gift or letter in the mail?
Although you can mail letters to:
Paul Crockford Management
we are unable to guarantee that your letter will reach Mark. And while the kindness and thoughtfulness of those sending gifts are very much appreciated, please don’t send Mark any gifts through the mail.
- I have written a song for Mark. How do I send it to him?
We are so glad to hear that Mark has inspired you to write your own songs; please keep up the hard work. However, we can’t accept any unsolicited submissions of written song lyrics or tablature, or any audio files with original songs. Mark doesn’t accept other people’s work as he is a songwriter himself and has never recorded another person’s material, other than doing collaborations/covers for special projects.
- Can Mark play my private function?
Although Mark is flattered by requests from the community to play private functions, unfortunately due to the extremely hectic nature of his touring and recording schedule, Mark is unable to be booked for private performances.
- Can Mark dedicate a song or deliver a personal message at a concert?
As you can imagine each performance that Mark gives is an extremely busy, complicated and unpredictable affair. Because of this, we are simply unable to arrange for song dedications or “shout outs” during a show. We hope that you understand.
- Can I request an autograph through MarkKnopfler.com?
Unfortunately we have had to stop taking autograph requests as we have a massive backlog. We hope to clear the backlog over the next six months so please check back then to see how we’re getting on.
- How do I get technical support for the site?
Having trouble with the site? Then email us at help@MarkKnopfler.com and let us know, in as much detail as possible, what you are experiencing. If you are getting a specific error message, please be sure to make note of it in your email or even better, include a screenshot of it. Please also let us know what browser and operating system you are using. (Not sure which ones you’re using? Then use this site to find out.) The more detail you provide us, the quicker we’ll be able to determine what is causing you trouble.Prior to emailing help@MarkKnopfler.com, please try the following:
- Update your computer by downloading its latest operating system updates;
- Update your browser to its most recent release. Please note: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome are the preferred browsers for visiting MarkKnopfler.com and shopping in our store;
- Clear your computer’s cache/browsing history;
- Reboot your computer.
- Where should I send my feedback or comments about the site?
We love to hear your feedback and ideas for the site. Just send us an email at help@MarkKnopfler.com with anything you’d like to share.