Thursday, March 9, 2017
Mark Knopfler and renowned horologist Michael English have come together to auction six watches to raise money for Bravehearts of the North East. Mark is the Patron of the children’s charity which is based in the North East of England and was founded to recognise the exceptional courage shown by children who are battling illness or adversity. Parents, nurses, friends and family are able to nominate children so their courage can be recognised. This happens at special awards ceremonies where the children are rewarded by receiving a Bravehearts crystal and a gift of their choice.
The watches are detailed below
- TAG Heuer Kirium chronograph. This is Mark’s personal property and will come with a TAG Heuer box signed by Mark.
- IWC vintage watch. This again is Mark’s personal watch. The watch will be auctioned with a signed strap.
- Lum-Tec watch. limited edition number 1 of 50. The strap signed by Mark.
- Lemania vintage military watch. The strap signed by Mark.
- Hamilton vintage General service military type watch. The strap signed by Mark.
- Hamilton vintage military watch. The strap signed by Mark.
The auctions will commence on E-bay on March 16th and finish on March 26th. Bravehearts receives a flood of applications each year for children between the ages of 5 and 15 years to become a Braveheart. Our annual fundraising events, and support from our sponsors and volunteers, means that every penny we raise goes directly to the deserving children.
Inspired by one amazing young girl, Bravehearts continues to put smiles on the faces of really courageous children throughout Northumberland, Durham, North Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear, Cleveland & Cumbria.